FoSTACstands for Food Safety Training and Certification. It is a training program mandated by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) to create a pool of food safety supervisors (FSS) who are trained in good hygiene and manufacturing practices to work in line with the FSSAI guidelines. The program has 16 courses in three levels: Basic, Advanced, and Special. The training program is aimed at creating awareness and imparting knowledge about food safety and hygiene practices to food business operators and food handlers. The program covers topics such as HACCP, ISO22000, FSSC22000, and BRCGS. The courses are available online and cover topics such as Advance Catering and Covid-19 Guidelines and Advance Manufacturing.
Steps to apply for
FoSTAC training registration
Visit the FoSTACwebsite at fostac.fssai.gov.in.
On the homepage, select the "Trainee Registration" link.
Fill in the Trainee Registration Form with your personal details such as your first name, middle name, last name, date of birth, gender, and father's/mother's name.
In order to complete the registration process, click the "Submit" button.
Once you have registered, you can log in to the FoSTACportal using your user ID and password.
You can then select the course you want to enroll in and pay the course fee.
After completing the course, you will receive a certificate of completion from FSSAI.
Note that eligibility criteria apply for FoSTAC training registration, depending on the type, of course, you want to enroll in.
Benefits of Pursuing FoSTACCourses
Pursuing FoSTACcourses can provide several benefits, including:
- Improved food safety practices: FoSTACcourses are designed to impart knowledge and skills that are relevant to the food business. By completing these courses, food business operators and supervisors can learn about food safety hazards, food safety management systems, and good hygiene practices, which can help them maintain quality and safety at their workplace.
- Compliance with FSSAI regulations: FoSTAC training is a large-scale program made mandatory by FSSAI. By completing the FoSTACcourses, food business operators and supervisors can comply with the FSSAI regulations and avoid penalties.
- Increased customer confidence: By demonstrating their knowledge and skills in food safety practices, food business operators and supervisors can increase customer confidence in their products and services.
- Career advancement: Completing the FoSTACcourses can enhance the knowledge and skills of food business operators and supervisors, which can lead to career advancement opportunities.
- Convenience: FoSTACcourses are available online, which makes it convenient for food business operators and supervisors to complete the courses at their own pace and from any location
Frequently Asked Question
FoSTAC training is a food safety training program that aims to improve the skills and knowledge of food handlers and supervisors. It covers various topics such as personal hygiene, food handling, sanitation, and pest control. Additionally, FoSTAC training is recognized by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) and is mandatory for all food businesses in India.
Yes, FoSTAC training is mandatory for all food businesses in India. It ensures that food handlers and supervisors have the necessary skills and knowledge to maintain food safety standards and prevent foodborne illnesses.
To obtain a FoSTAC training certificate, individuals must complete the training program and pass the assessment conducted by a recognized training partner. The certificate is valid for five years and must be renewed after that period to ensure continued compliance with food safety regulations.
FoSTAC training is important because it ensures that individuals involved in the food industry are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to maintain high standards of food safety. This ultimately helps to prevent foodborne illnesses and protects consumers.
FSSAI Certification provides credibility to food businesses and helps them comply with food safety regulations. It also enhances the reputation of the business and can lead to increased customer trust and loyalty.