Unlock international markets and expand business globally.
Avail benefits from DGFT, Customs, and Export Promotion Council.
No need to file returns once IEC License is obtained.
- Go to the DGFT website.
- Click on the Services tab.
- Enter your PAN number.
- Enter the relevant details.
- Submit a passport-sized photograph of the applicant, the director, or the partner.
- Make the payment of Rs. 500 as the application fee.
- Preview and print the application.
- Finalize the submission.
- Receive the IEC within a week at the address mentioned in the application
Here is the list of IEC registration documents
- Digital photograph of the managing partner.
- Copy of passport (first & last page)/Voter ID/Aadhaar Card/Driving License.
- Copy of PAN card.
- Self-attested copy of address proof (Voter ID/Aadhaar Card/Driving License/Passport/Electricity Bill/Telephone Bill).
- Cancelled cheque from the bank.
- Business proof (GST registration certificate/incorporation certificate).
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
Frequently Asked Question
IEC registration is a mandatory requirement for businesses that wish to engage in import or export activities in India. This registration is issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) and serves as a unique identification number for the business.
To obtain IEC approval, businesses must submit an application to the DGFT along with the required documents and IEC registration fees. Once approved, the IEC number is valid for the lifetime of the business and can be used for all import and export transactions.
Yes, obtaining an IEC is mandatory for any business involved in import or export activities, regardless of its size or nature. Failure to obtain an IEC can lead to fines and legal implications.
An IEC certificate enables businesses to expand their operations globally by allowing them to participate in international trade and access various benefits and incentives offered by the government. It also helps in establishing credibility and building trust with foreign partners and customers.
The validity of an IEC certificate is usually for a lifetime, unless the business undergoes any changes in its legal structure or operations. It is important to note that the certificate needs to be renewed in case of any such changes.